Enquiry On Driver Plan Fees

Hi there,

I just need to understand the importance of fee per period for driver subscription plans.For instance, since a company can set up minimum amount in order for drivers to be able to accept jobs or can choose to always allow drivers to accept jobs.Why should we include fee per period as the company only deducts commission after drivers completed orders?Plus why should we regularly upload fee per period on myhub even when drivers never worked?What that driver plan is fee & where should it go?
Regards,
Keletso

1 Like

Dear Keletsom,

If you set a fee per period, you can indicate the number of orders included into the fee. It means that drivers will get charged with the order fee only after they exceed the number of processed orders included into the period. Please check this post for a detailed example: Managing driver plans | Onde Help Center

It’s up to you whether to include fee per period into driver plans. Some business models require this option. If this feature is extra for your business, you can just skip it.

Regards,
Anna

1 Like

Dear Anna,

I have read your response scrupulously and with an open mind.Let me unpack something here, I operate courier on demand on Ondelight platform and not a taxi.I have been using a recurring period driver plan with a fee per period & after every cycle I have to manually load drivers account with funds even though they never processed any single order since I launched 14 months ago.This fee per period driver plan is not a good business model for my courier and rather opt for option where I can just collect only commission from drivers after they executed orders. Is it possible that I can set up my commission fee from drivers on recurring period plan without fee per period or I can set it up in another option of non-recurring driver plan?Because I should be able to charge and collect commission from drivers.Thanks.

Dear Keletsom,

Yes, you can configure a driver plan with 0 fee per period or without a period (no recurring payments) at all. Existing driver plans cannot be edited, so you will need to create a new plan and move your drivers to it.

Regards,
Anna

Hi Anna,

This is noted.So since on these existing driver plans for each fee per period I configured commission rate of 20% on all booking platforms(customer app, operator app and web app) so that a company can deduct it from any fee per period.So my ideal business model is to only charge drivers commission of either 20-25% per successful order.I want to know will I still be able to charge such commission on driver plan where fee per period is 0?Or this revenue model is compatible with a driver plan with non-recurring period?Please advise if this revenue model of charging commission only is applicable on either plans.Because I already implemented it as my business model.Thank you.
Regards,
Keletso

Dear Keletsom,

In this case you can use driver plans with no recurring payments and charge only order fee commission from drivers.

Regards,
Anna

Dear Anna,

I think now I understand exactly what I want and what am doing.It means all along I was operating my courier business with a wrong business model that I didn’t understand better.But anyways, we learn from doing mistakes.Lucky enough, my courier business has not completed or processed a successful order from customers.This recurring plan n of a fee per period would have made me to lose drivers everyday.

1 Like